Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Oh so much to say

DSC03759
Leaves and needles

I had acupuncture tonight. I told Karen how my acne has come back with a vengeance this past week. She ran down a list of possible causes, and one was "eating more chocolate than usual". I guess I have eaten a lot of chocolate lately, plus Sunday night I had Starbucks hot chocolate, then couldn't get to sleep!! She said Starbucks HC is made with dark choc, which has more caffeine than regular choc. I also told her about my night headaches, which she thinks are hormone related. So she put in needles for my hip/back, knees, kidneys and hormones. The needle that hurt the most was near my right ankle--and continued to hurt for the entire treatment! She said that one is related to kidney function, which she thinks is connected to my acne. She said the good thing about having acne is that you don't really wrinkle because of all the "activity". Interesting. Anyway, I could feel the fluttering even at the top of my head tonight, and some in my right knee. I haven't felt the fluttering in my back in a long time.

So. I don't want to jinx myself but my knees have been doing really really great since Friday, and that was even with it raining all weekend. I'm so proud of them! Except for Sunday my back is doing pretty well too. Originally my goal was to be rid of daily back pain by June 30, then by Labor Day, then my birthday. Well, I'm sneaking up on my birthday and I don't know if the pain will be completely gone by then. Maybe Thanksgiving???

I really want to start up my pain journal again (to find the trends for when my knees hurt or my back flares), but it's so boring. I was thinking, if there was a form I could fill out online each night, that might make it more interesting for me.
I googled but didn't find anything. Maybe that's my money making idea!! Or maybe I should just create my own Survey Monkey survey and take it myself each night? Hmmm. I really don't want to do an Excel spreadsheet, but maybe I have to.

After acu I went to Greene St Consignment shop and bought 2 jackets for work. and a pair of shoes. That store is amazing. It doesn't smell nor look like a consignment shop; instead, it looks like a boutique. I was looking at my receipt later, and it turns out that the 2 jackets were consigned by the same person. Obviously we have the same taste! And it made me wonder who that other person is and what else do they wear...

Have you seen Adrienne's sleeveless jacket? I was thinking about making it this past weekend! I definitely want to make it after seeing her version!!! I want to make mine in pink like hers, hmmm.

For my birthday I'm thinking of having PF Chang's for dinner, then going to see M. Moore's Capitalism: A Love Story. And having Thomas Sweet ice cream for dessert. Or something.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I've been reading your blog for a while and love your sewing posts.

    I just saw this website today www.thecarrot.com and haven't used it so I don't know how well it works. It says it "provides tools to track health statistics in a calendar format and instantly integrates your data into a complete and clear report and allows you to track and correlate multiple factors at the same time".

    I think i need to track how tiredness affects my rate of sewing wadders :) Vanessa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I love hearing from you! Because I've been getting lots of spam comments, I'm changing the settings to moderated comments.